Thursday, December 3, 2009

Venison Tenderloin Sandwiches

Hello one & all...don't know what happened there.  Life took over and time got away from me...could be the fact that we just signed on to host my husband's family Christmas this year.  20+ guests...also host my family on Christmas Eve.  Only 12 people there.  I think the panic took over.

I'm back now and able to breath steadily as I have a plan.  Spent the last week making lists.  Lists of what household things need taken care of.  From wiping down cabinets to which rooms to decorate.  Every single thing.  Now I can do one or two 10-20 minute jobs per day and it keeps the panic at bay. Put in wrapping sessions. Shopping sessions. Cooking sessions (will divy those up as the day grows nearer.) I remember the year I spent 3 hours wrapping gifts 2 days before Christmas! I DO NOT want anything like that to happen again...a friend shared with me that her husband dubbed her the "Christmas Witch" one year because she was too overwhelmed to enjoy the holiday and was making everyone else miserable as well! I DO NOT want to be that person...ever again. So, take a breath and join me in a stress free December! Make a list...

Vension season is upon us (Hip, hip, hooray!) and I thought I would share a few favorites over the next couple of posts.  Nothing relieves stress like knowing what to have for dinner well in advance!

Venison Tenderloin Sandwiches

2 large onions, sliced
2 cans (4 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
8 venison tenderloin steaks, about 3/4 inch thick
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt, optional
4 hard rolls, split

In a skillet, saute onions and mushrooms in butter and worcestershire sauce until onions are tender. Flatten steaks to 1/2 inch thick; add to skillet.  Cook over medium heat until meat is done as desired. (Do not cook to well done as they will continue cooking after removing from pan...medium is perfect.) 3 minutes is about right in a hot pan. Sprinkle with garlic powder, pepper and salt. Place two steaks on each roll and top with onion mixture. 4 servings.

Make and enjoy! Blessings, Eve

No comments: