Saturday, January 16, 2010

Momma's Day Out

Hello one & all… had a fun outing today! A friend from church recruited her brother-in-law (a chef from California) to host a cooking class for a small group of ladies. Six women in all. I learned a number of new sauces, techniques and recipes to share with my family. And had a fabulous Beef Wellington to boot!!! My thanks to Lisa for facilitating and organizing such a worthwhile and fun afternoon out with the gals…


We tossed around the idea of rotating a monthly or bi-monthly cooking class. We all have a specialty or a passion that we can share with those around us…I suggested I lead a venison class and received positive responses. My mind is whirling with all the possibilities. What a great, productive way to share time with friends.

You need not be an expert to share what you love…what is YOUR passion? Do you craft? Crochet? Bake a mean angel food cake? Invite some friends, divvy up the ingredient list and put a pot of coffee or tea on to brew. A wonderful afternoon (or evening!) out with friends and giving that brain a workout too. (They say that learning keeps us young!)

Happy Sunday everyone….Blessings, Eve

No comments: