Monday, September 14, 2009

Chili (?) Sauce...

Hello one & all...finished up the chili sauce. (I keep telling myself that it's chili sauce...) In all honesty it is a tangy, salty meat sauce. It will work on a burger, mixed with mayo, perhaps and I see it marinating more than a few chickens! Not what I envisioned, but edible.

Spent the last few minutes covering my daughter's math book. They required covers in a certain color and provided construction paper for those without the fancy store bought covers. Thing looked like it would wear though in the first month. Enter the momma who thinks that she can craft anything from flannel!!! Not bad, really. Pale green with panda bears...perfect for an 11 year old girl and it will last the whole year. PLUS it's washable!!! Crafted it just like a brown paper bag one except where the tape would go I put a very narrow seam. If you attempt this, take note that the fabric will stretch out a bit as you create the seam. So go super tight on the setup and it should fit perfectly after completed. Here's to the super power of old receiving blankets and flannel fabric in general! Blessings, Eve

2 comments:

MichelleK said...

are you going to pass on the "details" to canning just tomatoes....??

MichelleK said...

Oh look - I finally got the new google acct to let me post to you! Love the blog Eva... I look forward every day to see what you made - I used the sauce recipe and turned it into chili... best ever!!! Thank you! keep up the GREAT work!!