Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Frantic Fried Rice

Hello one & all...had one hectic day today. The wee one woke at 6:00 Am and decided that today was going to be a momentous day...the day that her feet did not touch the ground! No nap...tried and tried. Finally asleep...5 minutes ago...Arrrggghhh! Plus open house at my daughter's school so I needed something fast and easy for dinner. ALMOST picked up the phone and dialed 1-800-pizza but figured my husband would drive off the road or some such nonsense...that or he would figure it was a prank call as I am NEVER the one to suggest such frivolity. Once a year at most. Thank heaven's I have a brain full of quick and easy dinners to throw together or we would have been down $25 bucks...e-gads! This is one of my kids favorites and the hubby tolerates it reasonably well with enough spicy stuffs on it so it gets made quite often.

Fried Rice

3 cups leftover or fresh cooked white or brown rice
various veggies including peppers and onions (I used p & o's, zucchini, shredded carrots and 1/2 leftover tomato)
2 eggs
1 or 2 cups chopped, cooked meat (I used a leftover chicken breast and 1/2 pork chop that I had frozen together and labeled "For Stir fry")
soy sauce
salt & pepper to taste (I like a lot of salt on this dish; I leave it as is for the rest of the family)
bit of olive oil

Saute' veggies in olive oil till tender crisp. Add meat till warm. Scramble eggs and add...cook till soft set. Add in rice and soy sauce (to taste...2 TBSP or so) and heat through. That easy! Enjoy, Eve

1 comment:

MichelleK said...

mmm good one - sounds yummy and like something even I could make - hahaha Thanks Eeeeevvvvaaaa