Sunday, September 13, 2009

Go for the TnT

Hello one and all...been spending my days "putting up" the fall harvest. Zucchini relish is in the water bath canner as we speak. Chili sauce...not so very happy with that. I tried a recipe that I found on-line as my sister-in-laws famous recipe has gone MIA...ugggh! This recipe seems to be more of a pickly meat relish...salty and vinegary. I added more brown sugar to offset the sour...took care of the vinegar but now all you taste is salt! Tossed in a peeled, raw potato to simmer for awhile. We'll see if that has the desired effect. If you have never heard of this trick give it a try the next time you accidentally over salt something. Usually works quite well but we are talking A LOT of salty here people. If nothing else, the birds will eat well tomorrow. When I think of the tomatoes, green peppers, celery and onions...not to mention the two days of cooking down. Well, I just want to cry...lesson for the day- Go for the tried and true recipe given by someone who has mastered your particular passion. Chili sauce anyone??? Blessings, Eve

No comments: